Here are the 7 most effective and powerful Weight Loss Smoothies and Shakes for Diabetic patients (Type 2).
The Diabetic weight loss shake will be:
- Very less in sugar content.
- Packed with Healthy enzymes that improve pancreas function.
- Rich in healthy fats and complex carbohydrates.
- And at the same time equally effective in melting the unhealthy excess fats.
- One of the best parts of these weight loss smoothies is these smoothies release energy slowly and therefore blood glucose levels do not shoot up after an empty stomach drink.
These shakes can also be used by Pre-Diabetics and normal persons. Drinking one or more of these shakes twice a day empty stomach will surely help you to lose that extra pound.
Table of Contents
Do Diabetics Weight loss Smoothies actually work?
Yes, they do. Logically speaking, Water in smoothies doesn’t have any calories, but it can fill our stomach to its full. Whereas, whole foods are rich in calories, which results in difficulty to reduce weight hence increasing the time to lose weight. So let’s know about some of the empty calorie, Sugar-free, fat-melting recipes of Weight loss drinks and smoothies.
I will be sharing thedoctor’s special Strongest weight loss drink at the end so stay tuned for it:
7. Papaya-Strawberry Diabetic Smoothie
Papaya and Strawberries both are very good fruits for diabetics. They have the enzymes that control the blood sugar levels in diabetes.
Let us see how to make it:
- Throw half a cup of papaya into the mixer grinder jar.
- Add 3-5 strawberries to it.
- Add half a cup of Yogurt to it. Try adding your favorite nuts also.
- Blend it for 30 seconds and then add water according to the consistency you want.
- Again blend it to mix the contents
- Serve it chilled by adding a few ice cubes to it.
6. Parsley, Tomato salty Diabetic Shake
This smoothie decrease the risk of diabetes, Controls blood sugar and Heart/Circulation issues.
- Start by adding 3 Parsley sprigs into the Mixer grinder jar.
- Then add 1-2 Ripe Tomato to it.
- Then peel an apple and add it to the jar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it
- Grind it till it smoothens.
- Add water according to the consistency you want and blend to mix it.
- Add Lemon juice and salt to make it taste richer.
- Add ice cubes to make it chilled. Serve and Enjoy!
5. Simplest weight loss shake for diabetics
This is the simplest shake perfect for those who don’t have enough time to make fancy smoothies or those who don’t know how to make one. Let’s know how to make it.
- Start by adding dry or soaked oats (3-5 spoons) into a mixer grinder jar
- Oats are rich in complex carbohydrates (Fiber) which make us feel fuller for longer and also provide bulk to our poop hence reducing the chances of constipation
- Then to it, add 2 Soft dates without their seeds
- Dates are a very rich source of electrolytes (Potassium, Magnesium, etc.). These electrolytes are very essential in keeping our cardiovascular system healthy. The cardiovascular system in diabetes is the most important system that should be properly taken care of.
- Dates also add up a little hint of sweetness to the smoothies.
- To the jar, add 3-4 tablespoons of Desiccated Coconut. You can also try fresh coconut.
- Coconut provides healthy fats and other nutrients.
- Add your favorite nuts into it e.g Almond and Cashew nuts. These also provide Healthy fats.
- Healthy fats are good for diabetics. In addition to keeping us feel fuller for longer, these healthy fats also reverse the deposition of bad cholesterol inside the vessels hence reducing the chances of heart conditions.
- Optional Ingredients
- Try adding Sesame seeds: They are highly nutritious, Helpful in diabetes, and keep you full for longer.
- Blend it out with regular water or coconut water with the consistency you want.
- Enjoy chilled with ice cubes
4. Kiwi, Apple, and Spinach Smoothie
All three of these fruits are a blessing for a diabetic. All three of them lower the blood glucose levels, also they are loaded with antioxidants which help in the healing of tissues, reduce inflammation, and scavenge free radicals in the body. Let’s see how to make it.
- Start by adding 2 peeled Kiwis into the mixer grinder jar.
- Then add 10 leaves of baby spinach to it.
- Add 1 green apple to it, Prefer to peel it if you want a smooth consistency.
- Add your favorite nuts into it e.g Almond and Cashew nuts or Peanut butter. These also provide Healthy fats.
- Blend it out till it smoothens. Then add water to adjust its consistency.
- Blend again to mix the contents, add some ice cubes.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!
3. Oats and Kiwi
Oats have the chemical called as Beta-Glucan which is beneficial for BP, Cholesterol, and Diabetic patients. So give this smoothie a try.
- Soak 5 Almonds and 5 tablespoons of oats in a bowl for 10 minutes
- Add Half a Tablespoon of Cinnamon Powder to it.
- Cinnamon powder has anti-inflammatory properties and is also helpful in reducing blood glucose levels.
- After soaking, transfer the contents into the mixer grinder jar.
- Add 1-2 peeled kiwis to it
- Optionally you can also add Lemon Juice and salt to make it a little saltier.
- Add water according to your required consistency and blend it out.
- Add some Ice Cubes and Serve Chilled.
2. PapayaCucumber Smoothie
As we know Papaya is beneficial for managing diabetes and cucumber refreshes the body, has high fiber content, therefore, reducing blood sugar. It is the simplest smoothie to make. Here is how:
- Start by tossing a medium size chopped cucumber into the mixer grinder jar.
- To it, add half the amount of Peeled Papaya.
- Add Salt and Spices of your choice.
- To it, add half a cup of water and blend it out.
- Then add a few drops of lemon juice to it and Serve Chilled.
1. Strongest Weight loss Smoothie For Diabetics(Doctor’s Special)
For Diabetics, this weight loss drink is the most effective and strongest weight loss drink. Drinking this drink twice a day melts the excess fat. Visible results can be seenwithin 1-2 weeks. If you want to lose weight fast then give this smoothie a try.
Let’s learn how to make this doctor’s special smoothie
- Cut a medium-sized Cucumber and add it to the grinder jar.
- Chop a small to medium-sized Ginger and add it too.
- Wash the Pineapple thoroughly, peel off its skin and add the chopped fruit to the grinding jar.
- Next, You need to prepare the Pineapple Water with the Pineapple skin:
- Cut and Boil the pineapple peels in the cooking pot filled with 400 ml of water for 10 minutes.
- After boiling, let it cool down a bit.
- Strain the Pineapple water and filter out the pineapple peels.
- Pineapple water is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Add this strained water to the ingredients in the mixer grinder jar.
- Blend this concoction till it smoothens.
- Add 2-5 Tablespoons of lemon juice: Makes It tastier, rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C.
- Transfer this smoothie to the glass and serve with ice cubes.
- Drink this Magical smoothie twice a day empty stomach to see visible results within 1-2 weeks.
- Also, you can try drinking it with Papaya Salad.
All of these recipes are tried and tested. I must say, if you are determined enough to lose weight and are not cheating meals, one of these will surely work for you.
At last, if you have any queries related to the recipe or its ingredients or need to know their alternatives, you can feel free to comment below, I read all of your comments and will definitely give you the solution.
Good Luck with your fat loss journey.
Are you a woman? Here Check out the 10 Most Effective Weight Loss Shakes For Women.
Which is better for a diabetic boost or glucerna? ›
Glucerna may be a better meal replacement or supplement than Ensure for people with diabetes. The higher amount of sugar and total carbohydrates as well as the lower fiber content in Ensure will increase blood sugar more rapidly and substantially than the amounts found in Glucerna.Will glucerna help me lose weight? ›
Low-Calorie for Weight Control
Glucerna meal replacement bars, snacks and shakes can help you lose weight by reducing calorie intake if you are already within a healthy weight range, or to lose weight if you have overweight or obesity.
SlimFast is a safe and effective weight loss approach for those with Type 2 diabetes. Our delicious and nutritious products have as little as 1g of sugar, as much as 20g of protein, and clinical studies showing help in maintaining blood sugar levels.What's the best sugar free drink for diabetics? ›
Unsweetened tea is a sugar-free drink option that has antioxidant properties and can help keep your body hydrated. Unsweetened green tea, black tea, and herbal tea are all diabetes-friendly options! Milk: Milk in moderation can be a great choice for people living with diabetes.Can a diabetic drink Glucerna everyday? ›
While Glucerna drink bottles and bars are easy to rely upon as a convenient food option, you should not have them too often as a meal replacement. You should limit their intake to once per day to avoid over-consumption and try to balance your meals with wholesome options.What is the side effect of Glucerna? ›
This product causes severe Diarrhea. Glucerna should label its product with this possible side effect. 1.Who shouldnt drink Glucerna? ›
Glucerna products contain milk proteins and are not safe for people with an allergy to casein or whey. They also contain fructose (a natural fruit sugar) and artificial sweeteners such as acesulfame potassium, which may cause potential health issues in people with diabetes.Can you lose weight by replacing 2 meals with shakes? ›
Replacing meals with protein shakes may help you lower your daily calories, which can help you lose weight. But in time you'll need to start eating solid food again. Eating solid food may cause excess weight to return if you don't make smart food choices.How much weight can you lose with 2 meal replacement shakes? ›
Here's proof: Participants in a Diabetes Spectrum study who replaced two meals a day with a shake, hot chocolate, or soup lost 7.8 percent of their body weight after three months. The group with more leeway over what they ate lost just 1.5 percent of their body weight while consuming the same amount of calories.What is the difference between Glucerna and Glucerna Hunger Smart? ›
The regular version has 10 grams of protein and 4 grams of sugars, while the Hunger Smart has 15 grams of protein and 6 grams of sugars. In both cases, the sugar content is higher than I'd expect, especially as the shakes are recommended as meal replacements or snacks.
Can Type 2 diabetics drink Glucerna? ›
Glucerna® nutritional drink has a low glycemic index!
There are many products available in today's market. Glucerna® is specifically designed for people with diabetes and is available as a nutritional drink or bar. It contains slowly digested carbohydrates that are released into the bloodstream gradually.
Ensure and Boost have multiple ready-to-drink shakes that may help you increase your protein intake, gain weight, and manage diabetes. Both are also a good choice for older adults.Can diabetics drink zero Coke? ›
A. No, zero sugar soda uses artificial sweeteners, which increases people's weight. Increased weight, in turn, is linked to the worsening of diabetes. Hence, zero soda is not suitable for diabetes.How much weight can you lose with metformin? ›
Metformin and weight loss
In a much larger trial in over 4,000 people with type 2 diabetes, it was found metformin use was associated with a 2.4 kg (roughly 5.3 lbs) weight loss over a four-year period. There are a few ways that metformin might impact weight. One is that the medication can reduce your appetite.
No. SlimFast Keto products were not designed for use by Type 1 Diabetics. At SlimFast we always advise those with medical conditions like Diabetes to talk with their doctor or dietician before starting a new eating lifestyle.What 3 drinks should diabetics avoid? ›
- Regular soda. Soda takes the top spot on the list of drinks to avoid. ...
- Energy drinks. Energy drinks can be high in both caffeine and carbohydrates. ...
- Sweetened or unsweetened fruit juices.
Your best bet is to stick to unsweetened coffee or tea, but if you have to add something, look for low-calorie sweeteners. Keep in mind that any milk, cream, or creamer you add to your drink must be counted as part of the carbohydrates in your diet.How can I flush sugar out of my system fast? ›
The easiest way to bring your blood sugar level back to normal is by drinking a lot of water. If your daily water intake level is normal, then your blood sugar remains in control. Water helps kidneys to flush out toxins and insulin from the body.Can I replace 2 meals a day with Glucerna? ›
They can be used in place of 1 or 2 meals, or as part of a meal. You can also combine a meal replacement with other foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole-grain crackers, nuts, fat-free milk, and light yogurt.Does insurance pay for Glucerna? ›
Glucerna coverage varies by plan, as it is an over-the-counter (OTC) product. Very few insurance plans cover nutritional products such as Glucerna when the patient's health condition meets specific criteria. You can pinpoint your exact Glucerna cost by visiting your local pharmacist and asking for assistance.
What happened to Glucerna shakes? ›
The company said that the recalled products could potentially be contaminated by harmful organisms that included Cronobacter sakazakii and Clostridium botulinum. Cronobacter sakazakii is a bacterium that can cause life-threatening infections or inflammation of the membranes that protect the brain and spine.Can I drink 2 Premier protein shakes a day to lose weight? ›
Is it Safe to Have More Than One Protein Shake a Day? Yes. It's safe to have more than one protein shake a day, but the experts we spoke with recommended capping your consumption at three.What happens if I only drink meal replacement shakes? ›
If used as a meal replacement, shakes do not typically carry enough calories to equal your caloric needs from a traditional meal. Insufficient caloric intake can lead to muscle loss, decreased metabolism and fatigue, so you'll need to make up those missing calories if you're replacing a whole meal.How many shakes a day to lose weight? ›
People should only consume one or two protein shakes daily and for a short time only. It is also best to choose a protein shake that fulfills part of a healthful diet. For instance, a person who does not eat many vegetables might choose a meal replacement protein shake that contains vegetables.How much weight can you lose in a week from shakes? ›
Generally, when you are on the Optislim meal replacement program, you can expect to lose about 1 kg a week. This can be more or less depending on a few factors including your starting weight, age, metabolism, medical conditions, exercise routine and the number of meals you are replacing.Can you drink 2 thrive shakes a day? ›
Always one of the most popular product groupings, with a great value and enough THRIVE for 4 weeks on the Experience: 2 Lifestyle Capsules each day (you choose M or W), 1–2 Lifestyle shakes each day, and 1 DFT each day.Do weight loss shakes actually work? ›
Weight-loss shakes lead to temporary weight loss, but they aren't sustainable long term. They leave people in a dieting mentality, take the pleasure out of eating and can be expensive. You can maintain a healthy weight long-term by eating real food.What protein burns the most fat? ›
In one study of 23 healthy adults, a whey protein meal was found to increase metabolic rate and fat burning more than casein or soy protein meals ( 48 ).Is meal replacement or protein shake better for weight loss? ›
Protein shakes can be used for fat loss too, but this isn't their primary purpose. Meal replacement drinks are a better choice for those trying to lose weight. Another difference between the two lies in their nutritional value. Meal replacement shakes provide more nutrients compared to protein shakes.What is a good substitute for Glucerna? ›
Enterex on the other hand has more calories than both Ensure and Glucerna. However, it is packed with more protein and more fiber with just under 1 gram of sugar. With its high fiber content, Enterex will definitely keep you feeling full for a longer period of time.
Why is Glucerna hard to find? ›
A manufacturer of Glucerna shakes announced a voluntary recall of packages sold through warehouse retailers like Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ's, citing a risk of microbial contamination. Glucerna is a medical nutrition product widely used as a meal replacement by people with diabetes.Do glucerna shakes lower blood sugar? ›
Glucerna produces a smaller peak change in blood sugar and a lower blood sugar response than high-glycemic carbs (like potatoes, bread, and instant oatmeal).What kind of milk can diabetics drink? ›
People with diabetes may need to limit the amount of flavored sweetened milk they drink. People with diabetes may choose to use milk products that are full fat or whole, reduced fat or fat free depending on their preference or their calorie and nutrition goals.What's better than Ensure? ›
Premier Protein is the better option of the two protein shakes. Each bottle of Premier Protein contains almost double the protein content of Ensure, with much less fat, much less carbohydrates, zero added sugar and only 160 calories per 11.5 oz bottle.How many Glucerna can I drink a day? ›
Mix 5 scoops of Glucerna SR powder (52.1g) with 200ml of water. You can drink 1-2 servings per day or as directed by your physician.Is Ensure OK for diabetics? ›
Can Diabetics Drink Ensure? Yes, diabetics can drink Ensure. The diabetes-friendly Ensure products are scientifically formulated with an advanced slow energy-release system to ideally help manage blood sugar (glucose) levels. It also helps in healthy weight management.Should diabetics use meal replacement shakes? ›
Studies have demonstrated the benefits of using meal replacement shakes and nutrition bars for weight loss. These products can be used safely by individuals with diabetes and may provide options for those desiring weight loss.What protein shake can a diabetic drink? ›
Whey protein powder is the best choice for diabetics, as has been substantiated by studies. Whey protein stimulates the secretion of insulin in diabetics and therefore plays a crucial role in controlling blood sugar levels.Is Glucerna really good for diabetics? ›
Yes, all Glucerna products have been designed to help minimize blood sugar response and can help manage weight, when used as part of a diabetes management plan. Managing blood sugar response and weight are important for people with prediabetes.Can diabetics drink orange juice? ›
The glycemic index, which is used to reflect the impact on blood sugar levels of individual foods, places orange juice between 66 and 76 on a scale of 100. This makes fruit juice a high GI drink and high GI foods and drinks are best avoided by people with diabetes under most circumstances.
What is comparable to Glucerna? ›
Nutrition Facts Comparison of Ensure, Enterex and Glucerna
Ensure has the second highest number of calories and the highest number of carbohydrates and sugars. It nearly triples the sugar content of Glucerna. Enterex on the other hand has more calories than both Ensure and Glucerna.
Yes, people with diabetes can use whey protein whether it be as a delicious protein shake, a beverage or added to foods in the recommended amounts. It is always best to consult your doctor first before adding supplements to your nutrition plan.Is peanut butter good for diabetics? ›
Peanut butter can definitely be part of a healthy diabetes diet plan. Always look for peanut butter that contains only peanuts and maybe some salt. Avoid peanut butter that includes added sugars and hydrogenated oils.Are Splenda shakes good for diabetics? ›
Splenda® Diabetes Care Shakes are a delicious meal or snack replacement with no added sugar. Each deliciously creamy shake has the right nutrient balance with 16 grams of high-quality protein, 15 grams of carbohydrate including 6 grams of fiber, and healthy fats to help manage blood sugar and reduce blood sugar spikes.Can you drink protein shakes with metformin? ›
Interactions between your drugs
No interactions were found between metformin and MG Plus Protein.
Not only are oats nutritious and satiating, they can also offer specific benefits for people with type 2 diabetes. According to MedlinePlus, adults with type 2 diabetes may benefit from eating whole grains like oats, due to their potential glucose and cholesterol-lowering effects.Do protein shakes spike blood sugar? ›
Protein has only a small effect on blood glucose levels. In fact, protein tends to help stabilize blood sugars by blunting the absorption of carbohydrates/sugars. As protein breaks down into glucose more slowly than carbohydrate the effect of protein on blood glucose levels tends to occur gradually over a few hours.